Guidance and Counseling Cell
The Guidance and Counseling cell of the college provides a wholesome and conducive environment for all round development of the students. This is a team effort involving principal, faculty members and the counsellor. Various guidance and counselling services provided to the students are as follows:
- In the beginning of the academic session the cell provides orientation to the students about the functioning of the college, learning resources and other technological arrangements available as well as the institutional values.
- The cell organizes various lectures for the graduates and post graduates students of the college to improve their overall personalities that help them to meet challenges in global competition and new market paradigms.
- It organizes various training programmes including those on personality development, training for confidence building, positive self esteem, time management, interpersonal skills to face interviews.
- It provides personal, vocational and career counselling to the students on one-to-one basis.
- The cell addresses their specific personal problems, opportunities for employment as well as career development and provide guidance to appear for competitive examinations.
The students of PGDGC organize career fest in different schools especially for the students of 10th to 12th class to provide information regarding different career opportunities. Students disseminate detailed information on various careers by displaying on charts, showing power point presentations and by holding interactive sessions with the students. The activity is highly appreciated by school principals and teachers and they always look forward for this activity to be conducted in their schools.
- Career fest is organised in groups for the senior secondary school students by the class of Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling to disseminate information relate to different career options.